I was slap by Google again just a few days ago. One of my blogs received a page rank 4 from page rank 2 early January this year. That was the time that Google updated the page rank. After that it was assumed that the next changes will be done some time after 3 month. Well, there are some changes but not after 3 month. The changes have begun and it is just after 1 month. My blog that previously received a page rank 4 has change to page rank 0. I never did expect that to happen so early. It is true that Google change my blog to page rank 0 because of the sponsored post. I did write a lot of sponsored post right after I got a page rank 4. I figure that at least I can enjoy the benefits for 3 month but unfortunately it lasted only 1 month.
Here are some of the assumptions that I came out due to this incident.
- Your page rank will reduce if you have sponsored post.
- Google page rank update might take place once per month. Page rank algorithms have change.
- Takes you more then 3 months to get to page rank 4 but just 1 month to put it to page rank 0.
- Business that refers to page rank has to change accordingly, but that will be difficult to set a guide line for bloggers. PayPerPost introduced real rank but still need some time for advertisers and bloggers to accept it.
- Page rank 4 does not really generate lots of traffic.
P/S: Just like to share the things that I experience so that you guys have an idea what is happening around.