The first time that I heard about Rat Race is 9 years ago from a man name Robert Kiyosaki. Yup, he’s the author of Rich Dad Poor Dad series of motivational books. From that day onwards I decided to work my way out from being just an employee. I got into several multi level marketing businesses while holding on my daily job. I learned a lot but I also sacrifice lots of time and the people I love. Even until today I’m still working to become an entrepreneur. I switch from multi level marketing business to pursuing money making opportunities online as this is the method which allows me to spend more time with my family. Although I’m still far away from becoming a successful entrepreneur but I’ll definitely reach my goal. It might takes more time than I expected as I made a lot of wrong turns but that’s fine as long as I make it at the end.
Here’s an article title “15 abilities you must have to get out of the rat race” by Wendy Piersall from the website Spark Plugging Work at Home Resources for Home-Based Entrepreneurs. I find the 15 abilities worth check out and think about. Below I’ll roughly describe it. Details you may go ahead and check out the article.
- Be a Salesperson. That’s the basic because you have to be able to sell in order to become an entrepreneur.
- Delay Gratification. Entrepreneurship is not a get rich fast scheme. It’s a long term hard work with almost no holiday. Success most likely comes only after lots of failures. Still there is no guarantee for an everlasting success.
- Discipline. We actually need discipline to get things done and stick to our plan.
- Taking Risks. No risk no gain. In order to be successful, we need to be willingly to take on certain level of risk.
- Built Rapport. We need to build relationships as an entrepreneur. Building reputation and gaining alliances is a must.
- Be a Leader. We must be able to lead and having lots of followers.
- Be uncomfortable. We should be feeling uncomfortable because running a business is not easy. Realizing the difficulties and problems but still able to find a way to work things out is the key to success.
- Inspire. We have to be able to inspire and be inspired to move on.
- Focus. This is the thing that we all need to stay on course without getting distracted.
- Understand Numbers. This is the way to really tell your status and condition. The numbers tell if you’re doing good or bad.
- Analysis. This is where we make use of Google Analytics. We have to learn to read the statistics correctly.
- Ask for Help. This is the first golden rules. If you need something, just ask.
- Know Thyself. Know your strengths and weaknesses so that you can improve or get help.
- Balance Ego with Humility. I suppose self confidence is the key to make it in business.
- Persistence. The moment you stop and give up, you fail. If you keeps on going and continue on until you reach success, all the failures you did are just part of the process to become successful.
P/S: Honestly I lack a lot of abilities mention above. But still that does not stop me from becoming an entrepreneur. I just have to learn up and keep on improving myself.