No matter how much you love blogging, still there are times when you just don’t feel like blogging. It’s just one of those days that the motivation to blog is at low level. In order to regain motivation to keep up with your posting rhythm, here are a few methods to help boost your motivation.
- Read Top Earning Blogs. This is the best motivation method for me, especially reading post about their monthly earning report. Even if some of the earning reports might not be true, it still motivates me to work hard and try to reach that figure. As we go through blogs that have the same interest with us, it also inspires or gives inspiration on what to blog next. Check out the top 100 list and you’ll find lots of blogs that motivates you.
- Get yourself a good motivation book. The book that I’m currently reading is “The secret”. This book is more about positive thinking but serves just right to motivate me. I’m sure you can find lots of readings online that motivates, but once in a while it’s better to move away from screen to papers. Changing the reading environment is not just good for your eyes, it also helps preserve the interest of blogging. Having to look at the monitor long hours might makes you feel suffocate.
- Watch a motivation movie. Going for a good motivating theme movie is a great way to change your mood and increase your motivation. Some movies might just inspire you to start blogging right after you finish watching it. One of the best motivation movies that I love is “The Pursuit of Happyness”. I still remember the line “If you want something, go get it. If you have a dream, you have to protect it.”
- Listen to a motivation song. I suppose most of the wake up songs air in the early morning radio session works. It’s the kind of songs that can make you jump of the bed and starts dancing. I personally like the theme song of Donald Trump The Apprentice – For The Love Of Money. Find a song that can trigger your blogging mode. Once you found it, keep it close so that you can play the song easily any time.
- Talk to your friends about your blog. The best motivation you can get is to hear your friends said “I love to read what you blog.” In fact, tell everybody around you about the blog you have. Give them the blog address and ask them to check it out. Sometimes you’ll get emails, MSN or even phone calls from people that you know to remind you the post you miss. Knowing that your families and friends are waiting to read your blog, you won’t dare to miss a single post.