I received an email from a reader asking how I change the WordPress theme. Most of you might think it is a simple task but if you don’t know how to do it then you just don’t. You can either ask for help or check out the internet for references and instruction. It’s a few simple steps task but if you are not given a good instruction then it can be very time consuming and frustrating. That is why I decided to give a detail instruction on how to download, upload and install WordPress theme.
- Download and save the free WordPress theme that you like from the net. The file that you download should be a single zip format.
- login to CPanel >> File Manager >> public_html folder >> wp-content >> themes
- Click on Upload file(s)
- browse and select the zip file that you download previously, then press upload.
- Once the zip file appear in your file manager, click on the file.
- Click on “Extract File contents” (your cpanel should have the extract function )
- Login to your WordPress >> presentation >> themes
- You can now see the theme that you upload and able to use it.
Before uploading the themes files make sure you checked out the WordPress version that the themes develop for. Some of the themes might not be compatible if you are using the older version of WordPress. Better to upgrade your WordPress to the latest version as it will reduce the compatibility problem. You may delete the zip file after you extracted the themes.