Installing Plugins for WordPress should be easy if you know how to upload a new theme. You can find information regarding plugins and guide to install under WordPress Codex. I’ll put up a simple step by step instruction on how to install plugin. I know that it’s an easy task but still you have to know the method in order to do it right.
- Download and save WordPress plugin from the net. The file that you download should be a single zip format.
- login to CPanel >> File Manager >> public_html folder >> wp-content >> plugins.
- Click on Upload file(s).
- browse and select the zip file that you download previously, then press upload.
- Once the zip file appear in your file manager, click on the file.
- Click on “Extract File contents” (your cpanel should have the extract function ).
- Login to your WordPress >> plugins >> plugins.
- You can now see the plugin that you upload in the list.
- Click on “Activate” to turn on the plugin.
Some of the plugin required you to make some changes to the templates or files. Make sure that you understand it completely before doing it. It is better that you backup your WordPress before making the changes, just in case.