Now that we decided to enter the mobile market and trying to reach mobile users, the next step is to choose whether to create a mobile site or a mobile app. Obviously it will be best to have both mobile site and mobile app, but still we have to take a deeper look before deciding which platform to work on. Choosing the right platform to reach out customers or viewers can obtain best result without wasting unnecessary resources such as money, time and manpower. And in most cases creating just either a mobile site or a mobile app is enough. Check out the blog post title “Mobile Mondays: Mobile site or mobile app, what’s right for your business right now?” from Google Inside Adsense blog. The post listed 5 important questions which you need to consider before deciding to go for mobile site or mobile app. Below are the 5 important questions:
- Who are your users?
- How do you want users to access your content?
- How do you want users to interact with your content?
- How quickly do you want to make changes to your content?
- What development and budget constraints exist?
From the way I look at it, there are basically 4 points you need to work on.
- Study and understand the customers or viewers you plan to target. Find out if mobile site or mobile app is the best platform to reach out to them.
- Study and research the pro and con of using mobile site.
- Study and research the pro and con of using mobile app.
- Study and understand own capability and resources of creating either mobile site or mobile app. You need to find a platform which you can perform best and within your ability. You also need to consider the investment of money, time, skill and other profession.
It is very important that you take the time to consider which mobile platform to go with. Given the amount of time, effort and money which you might put into, it is better to think carefully before making any decision.